Monday, November 14, 2005

MVP-Rod


When I saw this headline on ESPN.com I think my jaw actually hit my desk. How could anyone, even New Yorkers pick slap happy over big papi? Yeah ok we get it Ortiz is a DH big deal; he was the most VALUABLE player, key on VALUABLE. If you (the voters) put so much emphasis on defense, then would you vote a shortstop with 1000% fielding the MVP...no you wouldn't because his average is 250 and he has three homeruns. To say A-Slappy is the most valuable player in the American League is like saying "I think Bartolo Colon should be the Cy Young Winner," oh wait that already happened. So what if A-McSlaps had better numbers, who would you send up in the bottom of the 9th with a guy on 2nd...of course BIG PAPI. If this was the Best Numbers Award then yeah good job A-Rod-in-your-ass you win, but its not, it’s called the most VALUABLE player. I rest my case. Until tomorrow.

No comments: