Sunday, October 28, 2007

That’s the beauty of sports, they are unpredictable. I “predicted” that the Rockies would at least push the Red Sox to a game 7, and I couldn’t have been more wrong. The Sox look unstoppable right now and although the Rockies may win a game, this series doesn’t look like it will come back to Boston. I haven’t posted for a few days; there hasn’t been really anything to exciting going on so I suppose I’ll just give you some recaps from my world.
• Gophers swept the Buckeyes in college hockey this weekend. They played OK, the atmosphere on Thursday night wasn’t the greatest but it was the first home game and you cant expect all of the freshman to know the chats and the jeers that we have for opposing players, hopefully this weekend will be better vs. a WCHA opponent in Denver. Kangas played well in his first game from what I saw. The offense still needs to maintain their aggressiveness instead of just scoring twice in the 1st period and calling it quits. I’d like to see them dominate a whole game in the offensive zone just once, they have the talent to. Stoa will be a bigger loss then I first suspected. With him gone, the gophers are missing a big guy in front of the net.
• The Buckeyes are clearly the best team in college football. Anyone that thought that the game in Penn State would be close has no clue about this years OSU team. They actually do have an offense for the first time in the Tressel Era and they are not afraid to show it. Robiske and Hartline are for real and Boeckman is a more accurate and a stronger armed Craig Krenzel. This is a good team and they will prove it when they go into the Big House and beat an improved Michigan team.
• Please stop comparing the Pac-10 to the SEC. Enough already put it to rest. The SEC is the best conference in college football and it always has been. It’s talked about every year but teams in the SEC just beat up on each other every weekend and of course they will have a few losses throughout the year. The Pac-10 only has Oregon this year, I’m still not sold on Arizona state and it may be unjust, but its how I feel

Well I believe that is all. Hopefully something will happen today so I have something to talk about tomorrow. Take care all.

No comments: