Thursday, July 09, 2009

Who's next?

People have been dropping like flies lately. I mean this with good intentions but dang. First it was Ed McMahon (former tonight show sidekick next to Johnny Carson, a bit before my time), Farrah Fawcett (a hottie, but again, a bit before my time). Not to be outstaged by Farrah Fawcett, the King of Pop Michael Jackson had a heart attack at his home on the same day that Charlies favorite angel passed.

First, a bit on my feelings on MJ...

He was a great performer, I get it. He was an influence to countless musicians, cool. But to justify spending roughly four million tax-payer dollars to have a memorial/tribute/concert in his name is quite ridiculous. What will I remember Michael for? Touching little boys. Im sorry but how can you not? He wasn't accused once. He wasn't accused twice. He was accused three or more times. I think once you cross over the "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice...you can't get fooled" idiom, you are just guilty. I was just waiting for a tell all book where Mike finally came out and said that he did it and that he was guilty and just happens to like little boys. But he didn't and never will. Instead he will always be remembered for trying to be a white woman. I'm sorry but thats the way it is. Thriller was great. The free willy song was good too. But there is a ready why its called bad touch...RIP to the king of music video's, or should I say, music movies.

Perhaps the saddest passing of the month came while I was on vacation. Billy Mays passed while in his sleep at is Florida home. I was speechless once I heard this tragic news because it was only days ago where I saw him light up the Tonight Show stage. It was a very surreal moment. Billy Mays was always so full of life and joy that it was hard for me to believe the news. The ESPN 360 Commercials will go down as classics and everytime I see a Billy Mays commercial I am sad because a life was taken from us too soon. Here are some Billy Mays videos to help remember him by.





Perhaps the most bizare of all of the deaths happened while I was at a friends cabin for the 4th. Steve McNair was murdered this past weekend in a scene from a movie. Now that all of the facts are all settled I can fully give an accurate recap (in laymens terms).

Air McNair was sneaking around with a 20 year old chick that worked at Dave and Busters (he was probably using her for the free games). He most likely promised her that they would get married and move in with eachother and eventually had second opinions. Well the murderer (Sahal Kazemi) didn't take kindly to that news since she was struggling to pay for a bunch of shit. Two days before the incident she bought a gun. And as it turns out, guns really do kill people.

Kazemi shot McNair four times (as if one shot to the head wasn't enough) and turned the gun on herself in a classic murder-suicide for the ages. McNair was only 36 and just retired from the game of football last year.

Crazy times people. Love thy neighbor

No comments: