Sunday, January 03, 2010

Where in the World is Andrew Joseph Leisen?

In Indianapolis, that’s where. To break up my drive a little bit and to see some old friends that I have not seen in awhile I’ve plotted a few stops in what I’m calling “The Trip to Start a Lifetime”. First stop on the friend tour is in said town of Indianapolis to visit one Matt Diehl.

I arrived in Indy Saturday night with only minor problems during the drive from Dysart. The trip started off with me not paying attention to road signs in Iowa and instead of driving on interstates to the Windy City, I instead traveled on Hwy 30 for approximately 70 miles longer then I was suppose to. I only realized my error because I was driving on 30 for so long, I checked my “trusty” mapquest directions and I was only suppose to be on 30 for 18 miles…whoops.

Lucky for me, 30 eventually ran right into the road I eventually needed (US 88) so instead of cruising 70 mph the entire way, my range of speed was from 35-75. All-in-all not that big of a mistake and I was on my way to the city I love so.

My original plan was to make a stop and walk the pup, get her familiar with her future home but it was already 3:30 and getting dark (by the way, for the sun to go down starting at 4:30 is really depressing. More so then watching the Twins blow an 11 run lead because it happens every day. The sun setting, obviously not the Twins losing. They happen to win more then they lose normally, but enough about the Twins) so I decided to cruise by the city. Let myself get a quick peak at the skyline before I move down south.

After saying my goodbye to the Chi, I made my way south down to Indianapolis. Nothing much happened on the drive down. It got dark really quick and the speed limit was 70 on I-65 so that was nice (again the speed limit, not the darkness). One interesting tidbit that happened on the drive was the my gas pedal got stuck while on 65. I’m not sure if this has ever happened to any of you but it was by far one of the scarier things that can happen on a highway, or while driving in general. After some trial and error, I eventually got the pedal unstuck and my heat rate diminished.

Getting into Diehl’s cause it’s own problems as I got a bit lost as the communication between us two was a bit off but nonetheless I made it and we set off to hit up the down. We actually went to a bar called Brother’s which is a college type bar and is a chain in college type towns, once such example being the Brother’s in downtown Minneapolis. Nothing to report at the bars. Just normal drinking type activities. Next stop, Nashville, Tennessee.











No comments: