Sunday, March 29, 2009

We are all witness's

LeBron James is the best basketball player of all time. There I said it. I don't care that I never saw Pistol Pete Maravich score 44 points per game in college. I wasn't alive when Wilt scored 100 points in a single game. Magic Johnson played just before my time on this earth and I grew up in the Jordan era. We can forget about the Kobe/Jordan comparisons, it was fun while it lasted. King LeBron is just that, the King. It is only a matter of time until he wins his first championship, which could come this season. I've said it for a long time but after LeBron wins his first, watch out. He has Jordan type competitiveness where one is not enough. King James will win multiple championships and if he doesn't he will be considered a bust.

Just to show that I am not the only one that feels this way, LeBron's next 4 games (including today) are all televised and you can bet that I am going to watch all 4. LeBron is the type of player that makes casual basketball fans turn hardcore and he makes those who do not watch the NBA into witness's. My roommate doesn't watch any basketball unless it is the Gophers or I have free tickets to a Timberwolves game and even he will watch a game if LeBron is involved. There are plenty of stats out there that you can look at and compare between players but none of them will do LeBron justice. Even when his season numbers are "down" he is still averaging 27 7 and 7. It is only a matter of time where we see LeBron average a triple double in a season which is unheard of in today's game. He makes all of his teammates better because they all love him. He is the Anti-Kobe as a teammate. He's amazingly down to earth and personal which makes it hard to root against him. I love LeBron. He loves me.

I know people don't like to call LeBron the G.O.A.T. because he hasn't won anything yet. He doesn't have a MVP award (until april that is) and he hasn't won an NBA championship (although in his 3rd year he led the Cavs to the finals and pushed the Celtics to 7 games last year). My not so bold prediction is that both happen this year. I just cannot see anyone taking out the Cleveland LeBron's in a 7 game series but watching him and Kobe (hopefully) duking it out for a NBA championship is going to go down as one of the better finals match up's of all time.

No comments: