Monday, March 30, 2009

What ever happened to music television?

What ever happened to music video's? Music Television or MTV has no programming devoted to just that, music. While looking at the schedule from now (Monday night at 7 pm) until Wednesday at midnight you can watch a total of 0 minutes of music video's. What you will see is a lot of The Hills, T.I.'s Road to Redemption, From G's to Gents and a few Made's sprinkled in there. What happened to Making the Video or TRL? Do musicians even make music video's anymore?

And don't even get me started on what used to be VH1. At least you can watch music video's on VH1, that is if you want to wake up at 5 am to do it. Otherwise you get a full slate of crappy "reality" shows that continue to get trashier as they continue. The sad thing about it is that I watch most of these shows, one because they are entertaining in a pathetic way and two it makes me feel so much better about myself. Seeing the same "reality" stars over and over in the same show because they need money gets very old but makes my life that much better because I am not one of them. Maybe someday...

1 comment:

Cheese Curds & Football said...

BET does a pretty good job, and even better if you're able to catch Soul Train at all.