Friday, May 22, 2009

Can I get a witness?

I don't even know where to begin. Where should I start? Should I talk about Michael Cuddyer's cycle, the first one I have seen start to finish? Or do I talk about what could be one of the greater finishes in NBA playoff history? Do I talk about how the Twins put a beat down on the Brewers? Or should I gush about a man named Lebron? The choices.

First lets go with Lebron since that is most fresh in my mind because it happened ten minutes ago...Wow. Just wow. There is nothing to describe a game like that. The Magic battle back from a 23 point deficit (how many times can they do this by the way?), take the lead in the final second of the game (what a shot by Hedu. Everyone knew that he was going to take the shot but yet he stepped up and made a tough shot) and Lebron happened.

The Cavs were down two and inbounding the ball at half court but before this happened TNT's cameras showed Mo Williams and Lebron talking and I could see that Mo told Lebron, "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, then I lob it to you." Knowing this bit of information, I decided to do it myself. Mo got the ball from the ref and I counted...one...two...three...four..Lebron breaks for the hoop only to be denied by Hedu...five...Lebron steps outside the three point line...Mo passes the ball out to Lebron and he catches and shoots...

Money.

Ballgame.

Wow.

I jumped out of my chair and probably woke up the neighbors, but whatever, I don't really care. I had a good time.

There are no words to accurately describe all that is Lebron. And he keeps surprising. It's baffling really. I plead you, all of you, watch Lebron James. Even if you don't really like basketball, I promise you that you will like Lebron. He is the most likable athlete probably ever and probably the best basketball player, ever. Sorry Mike.

Speaking of Mike, how great is Michael Cuddyer? The most streaky hitter on the Twins is currently streaking and loving every moment of it. Today was no different and he took me on a journey that no Twin ever has. I only saw Gomez's infield hit the night he completed baseball's cycle and I was working during Kube's. Cuddy hit for the cycle today starting with a blast to left field for a three run home run in the first inning and he didn't stop there. His next at bat he laced a ground rule double to left center.

A single and a few innings later Cuddy was up to bat needing only a triple for the cycle and Sam and I did our best to jinx him looking back on it. The entire time he was up we were talking about how we both have never seen a cycle before in person. I said to Sam that I was hoping that Cuddy would hit it to right field because that was the only place where he could run out a triple. Was I wrong. On the next pitch Cuddy broke his bat and hit it over 3rd base, only he didn't stop running. As I was waiting for Ryan Braun to throw it in I saw Cuddy round 2nd and head to third. "Go! Go!" I yelled as the throw came in.

Safe.

Cycle.

Boo-yah.

Sam and I left the Twins game after that. First time I have left a Twins game before the 7th inning stretch. Some of you will think I am crazy for doing this but what else could I see? Nothing could top a cycle hit by your team against a team that some of your close friends like. Yeah, I'm talking about you...

What a day.

No comments: