Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Conference Championship Preview: Usain Bolt Style

So I've talked so much about each team at length that I'm tired of repeating myself (if you want to see what I think about each team still in the playoffs check the archives). I've watched mostly every game of the playoffs and I like to think I know what I'm talking about, so heeere we go...

Cavs vs Magic

This series will be better then a lot of people think because Orlando is a good team (Orlando won the season series with the Cavs 2-1) and they have a beast in the low block. If Dwight can get it going offensively the Magic will be successful...at winning a game. The Magic will walk away being the only team to beat the Cavs thus far in a post season game but they do not have the depth/hunger/attitude/talent that Cleveland has. Cavs in 5.

Lakers vs Nuggets

In my NBA Playoffs preview column I predicted that the Mavs would upset the Nuggets to play the Lakers in the conference finals. If it wasn't for a no call that should have been a call who knows how that series would have turned out. Instead of being down 3-0 the Mavs would have been down 2-1 going into game 4 (a game they won) and presto! you have a series. Oh well, I can't be a genius all of the time. The Nuggets are a very tough and dare I say Thugish? (I want to take this time to apologize to Kenyon Martin and his mother. What I said was wrong and I am sorry. Please don't come after me) The Lakers were just pushed to a game 7 by a physical but undermanned team in Houston and the Nuggets has been twice the team that Houston has been this post season. This will be the series to watch and I'm sure it will go 7 games. Lakers have the home court so they have the advantage. Lake show in 7.

Yeah baby! Playoff time! Get Excited!

No comments: