Wednesday, May 06, 2009

The Love I Lost...

As many of you may know, I have been doing something different for the past three weeks. I have embraced one of the more finer things in life...

Ever since the morning of Friday, April 3rd I have featured a mustache in some way or form on my upper lip. My mustache and I became very close over this last month. We both have faced adversity on behalf of each other and have fought through it all. All of the naysayers said it should be gone. Everyone said it looked terrible, but that just made us stronger. It formed a bond between us that cannot be explained in words. My mustache and I. Me and my mustache.

Soon my mustache transformed from a wispy, weakling into a noticeable force. The longer that I allowed it to live the more it grew on me (literally). Which brings me to some bad news. At 9:30 PM on Tuesday, May 5th, my mustache became no more.

It was not because I thought it looked bad. It's not because it itched (because it didn't. Now I know). It was honestly because we lost our softball championship and I thought that it was the right time. It was a sad time for me. When I looked at myself in the mirror today something was missing...and it will be missed. RIP friend.


Happy


Sad

No comments: