Thursday, November 11, 2010

BREAKING NEWS!

Some Vikings players don’t like head coach Brad Childress (or Chilly as I call him. We have a good vibe) and this is some sort of breaking news?  Who didn’t already know that everyone in Minnesota doesn’t trust Chilly and that includes the Viking locker room.  The owner already told the media that he considered firing Chilly and Brett Favre said that “you don’t have to like your coach.”  I think that pretty much sums it up. 

There were some anonymous players that fed ESPN some great quotes and in honor of these revelations I want to play a little game I like to call, “Who Said It?”

Quote #1: “We know that Childress doesn't have our backs, so why should we have his?  We're playing for us, and we're winning despite him."

Quote #2: "He has absolutely no people skills."

Quote #3: "We got too many good football players, and we won't lay down like Dallas”

Quote #4: "As much as I hate Childress, I will keep playing."

Wow! There were a few zings thrown around in those quotes.  So who said what? Lets take a closer look at Quote #1…

The quote touches on Chilly’s way of throwing players under the bus to the media after games, something he is really good at.  I’m not sure if Chilly was ever schooled in “How to not turn your football team against you” because he’s really good at doing the opposite.  So this player probably got called out once or twice by Chilly to the media, soooo whooo could it beee?  My guess, none other than B Twice Bernard Berrian.

Quote #2 came from a team source, whatever that means.  This quote is pretty tame so I’m going to go with Director of Public Relations Bob Hagan.  It just sounds like something good old Bobby would say.

Our third quote isn’t so much a burn on Chilly as it is on the Dallas Cowboys.  The Cowboy’s quit on their season and its pretty fun to watch and the Vikings have done the opposite and are still in the race as the playoffs are concerned.  I think my man Jared Allen said this one.  The reason?  Watch this video and tell me that Jared didn’t say this.

Our final quote is probably the best one of the bunch.  This player HATES Chilly.  How can you hate Chilly?  I mean all he does is challenge plays at the wrong time, he doesn’t stick to the run when he should (we have a guy named Adrian Peterson back there) and he doesn’t know how to handle his players when it comes to talking to the media.  What’s not to like? So lets think here, who could possibly hate Brad Childress enough to tell the media so?  Ray Edwards, that’s who.  He’s the only one on the team that is stupid enough to actually tell the media that he hates the guy that is in charge (football wise anyway, or supposedly).  So good job Ray Ray.  If I’m wrong…you still play stupid.  Win-win for me in the end.

ray-edwards-sack-record

No comments: