Saturday, November 27, 2010

It’s A Little Chilly In Here

Before I get to Chilly being canned and my NFL picks for the week, let me first say that Auburn…I’m sorry. I did not believe in you what-so-ever and you have proven me wrong.  Cam Newton, you are a beast and Coach Gene, you are one badass mother fucker for going into Bama and wiping the floor with Nick Saban’s face in that 2nd half.  Damn…

And what a day today was in college football.  That great Iron Bowl followed by Oregon getting a scare from Arizona for three quarters until pulling away late and this Boise State v Nevada game has been everything you’d want to see in a football game.  And it’s only Friday!  Wooo!  Saturday brings us a full slate of games to get excited about as well.

Now…Chilly…

61966396

He basically was a dead man walking after that Randy Moss fiasco a few weeks back and not having the Silver Fox on your side really didn’t help him much either.  Going back a few weeks to my who said it post, you can see why no one would want to play for that guy.  He is a terrible communicator and an even worse coach.  Yeah, maybe good old #4 threw a few too many picks and yeah, maybe Sidney Rice should have gotten surgery right away but still…c’mon man.  It will be interesting to see if this Vikings team responds the way that the Cowboys did after they fired their coach and the vikes will try and salvage some sort of pride with their season.

Onto the picks…

First I’d like to say that if I had picked the Thanksgiving games I would have been 3-0, that’s kinda obvious when you look at the matchups but I digress…

Green Bay v ATLANTA

Green Bay is coming off of a beat down and a sweep of the rival Vikings and the Falcons are the newly crowned “best team” in the NFL power rankings (because, you know, those matter in the NFL when they have a playoff.  What a novel idea…)  The Falcons are at home where they are always tough but I really think the Pack and the Eagles are the teams to beat right now in the NFC.  The Packers are really good.  So is Aaron Rodgers…

Prediction: Pack 27 – ATL 21

Philadelphia v CHICAGO

I stand by my belief that the Bears are really garbage.  Plus the Eagles are good and they have a guy named Mike Vick (not to be mistaken for Michael Vick).  Mike Vick is a MVP, Jay Cutler is not…

Prediction: Phily 20 – Bears 13

Tampa Bay v BALTIMORE

That’s right, I’m jumping on the wagon Raheem!  I like the Buc’s.  I like Josh Freeman.  I like LaGarrett Blount running the ball and not punching people.  I like Mike Williams.  I like their swagger.  This will be their test.  The Ravens are a really good team and are playing at home.  Ray Ray doesn’t like to lose at home.  Ray Ray kills people when they lose at home.  I wouldn’t feel safe in Baltimore after Sunday’s game.

Prediction: Tampa 24 – Ravens 20

Indianapolis v SAN DIEGO

The Colts and Bolts meet again and come into the game with different attitudes.  The Colts just lost a heartbreaker last week in Foxboro on a last minute int thrown by Peyton and the Bolts come off of a clobbering of the Bronco’s on Monday Night Football and they look primed for another 2nd half surge.  I think Peyton rights the ship this week vs the Chargers because that’s what Peyton does, and he does it well (Tommy Boy anyone?  Anyone?)

Prediction: Colts 27 – Bolts 24

No comments: