Monday, November 08, 2010

So, about that…

Remember how a few days ago I made some predictions on how I thought some of this weekends major sporting matchups would go? Oh, you don’t? Well lets take a look at what I said…

TCU vs Utah

Prediction: TCU 20 – Utah 29

Dangit, I should have seen that 93 yard touchdown pass to start the game and then Horned Frogs dominate every facet of the game. My bad.

Result: TCU 47 – Utah 7

Arizona vs Stanford

Prediction: AZ 31 – Stanford 38

I thought that this game would be a bit closer…but at least I was right. I’ll take it.

Result: AZ 17 – Stanford 42

Tampa Bay vs Atlanta

Prediction: TB 27 – ATL 17

Well I thought that Tampa would come out and take it to the Falcons because I really don’t think that the Falcons are that good and Josh Freeman is the new comeback kid. He almost did it again today as the Bucs were stopped on 4th down from ATL’s 2 yard line. In the end this TB team could be a fun team to watch if they make the playoffs.

Result: TB 21 – ATL 27

Kansas City vs Oakland

Prediction: KC 17 – Oakland 13

The Raaaaaaaaaaaaiders are back! After their first three game winning streak since 2002, the Raiders are over .500 in November for the first time since Al Davis died (wait, he’s still alive?) and Raider Nation is rockin! Woo!

Result: KC 20 – Oakland 23

Indianapolis vs Philadelphia

Prediction: Indy 24 – Philly 10

Mike Vick is BACK! My favorite college player ever is now Mike Vick 2.0 and is running his way to an MVP season. Let’s all take that in for a second…Mike Vick, the man who spent over a year in jail for killing and fighting pit bulls, is now the front runner for MVP of the National Football League. Crazy world. And he beat Peyton. Damn.

Result: Indy 24 – Philly 26

Boston vs Oklahoma City

Prediction: Boston 92 – OKC 98

Kevin Durant had 34 (fantasy!) and Rondo had a modest 10-5-10 (fantasy!) and fresh pick up Serge Ibaka had 8 and 11 (fantasy!). Other than that, I have no idea what happened because I don’t have NBA TV. I obviously knew that Boston would score 92 points…I’m that good.

Result: Boston 92 – OKC 83

Portland vs Los Angeles

Prediction: Portland 93 – LA 109

Lakers win. They are really good. Yawn.

Result: Portland 96 – LA 121

If you’re counting I went two for seven on the weekend. Hey, I’m batting .286...That will get me a regular spot in the lineup at least. Maybe in the 7 hole or something. Until next time...

No comments: