Monday, June 15, 2009

Did ya miss me?

So I haven't been around a computer for a few days, that or I have been to lazy to find a computer and/or time to write. That time is now...

I wanted to write about Game 7 of the Stanley Cup in which the Pittsburgh Penguins were victorious in (something I was going to predict). I wanted to write about why Kobe hates little white girls (more on that later...) I wanted to write about my experience at a WNBA game (also, more on that later) and lastly I wanted to put some pictures up. So what to do?

Mega-post....
Sid the Kid

Take a guess as to which year the last road team won a game 7 in professional sports? Did you guess 1984? Well if you did, you'd be wrong. It last happened in 1971 with the Montreal Canadians. Long time ago, eh? The little men in tux's won the last two games in the series (first time since 2004 for that to happen, of course 2006 never happened) and looked like the hungrier team throughout both games. The Penguins also became runner-up's turned champion (first time since 1983-1984 Edmonton Oilers) in the process. Here are some of the things I would have said if I was given the chance to preview this game.
"The Penguins look like they want to win this finals. They learned from last year's game 6 loss and after winning that same game, in the same building where they lost last years championship, they had a new confidence that perhaps the Red Wings are not invincible after all. These guys can and will be defeated. Sidney Crosby is the most mature young leader in any sport, including Lebron and his "supporting cast" as he himself likes to call them. You would never see The Kid talk that way about his teammates. Marc Andre Flurey will "stand on his head" as the kids like to say and play his best game of the series and Crosby and Malkin will open up the ice and make plays. Someone will probably come out of no where and be the hero. My guess is Max Talbot. He seems like he is due."


Ok so maybe I wasn't going to predict that Max Talbot would be the hero...but you will never know for sure. I am that good sometimes. You will learn. Anyway, congrats to the Penguins. Congrats to me for thinking they were going to win, so much so that I was going to pick them in the streak if I didn't have to be at Oake on the Water. And when I pick something on the streak I don't mess around.

Kobe hates little white girls

The Magic were doomed. They tried too much of a good thing in hopes that they prosper. And for what? To ruin a young girls hopes and dreams and in the process damage her self esteem. It may take her years to recover. What am I speaking of? Well, I am talking about the little girl that has sung the National Anthem several times for the Magic this year. They decided to bring her out for game 3 of the NBA finals, a series that the Magic were down 2-0 in at the time. Before I mention what happened in that game, I will tell you that the Magic were 6-0 in games that she has sung and also that she has autism and singing is the only thing that makes her feel normal, or something like that... The Magic of course win Game 3 for the franchises first ever finals victory and it bumped the little girls record to a perfect 7-0.

What did the Magic do for game 4? Of course they tried their luck again in hopes that with the little girl belting out the National Anthem they would win game 4 and tie the series at 2 a piece. The Magic were close, in fact these two teams were so close that the NBA decided that the game needed 5 more minutes to be decided. (also known as overtime) Many think that the Magic choked this game away with missed free throws, I think it was lost because the karma God's had enough of this exploitation of a little girl and said "Enough is enough Orlando..."

As you know the Lakers pulled out the series in 5 games last night which gave Kobe his first title in the ARF era (After Rick Fox) and he looked angry throughout. We now have a new face to add to Bill Simmon's pantheon of faces and that is the Kobe Snarl that he debuted in these playoffs. Congrats to the Lakers and Kobe, Doin' Work again.

I can tell my grand-children about this

What is the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear WNBA? Fun? Riveting? Excitement? Dunking? I'm sorry but if you think of those words or anything related then you will not like what I have to say...

Why is the WNBA still around? It really do not make any sense at all. The only people that go to these games are lesbians and really weird people that wear pantyhose and sport mullets (pictures later) and the game itself is slow and boring.

These were my basic thoughts during the 3 quarters we were there...

Oh great she made a jump shot off of a nice bounce pass. Oh cool she just laid it up with no one around her. Oh shoot they just messed up a fast break because they can't run and dribble at the same time. Oh crap did you see the 2 inches of air she got? Oh wow the Penguins just scored.

That sums up the WNBA. I couldn't tell you one player's stats for the game or what the score was even. I was too busy looking at the makeshift carnival that they have at one end of the court and all of the strange people that were on hand to catch this spectacle. At least I went to a WNBA game before it folded. I have that to fall back on.

The rest

The rest of my weekend was really good. I went home to Rochester and hung out with my best friend that I haven't seen in a very long time and also did some photo graphing. Dale Massey field was dedicated and I had some Mr. Pizza. All in all a good weekend.

I will get the pictures up from the WNBA game later today or something and I also have another :in pictures to put up sometime soon. You know, in case you were wondering...

No comments: