Friday, June 19, 2009

It was a good run

We finally learned the truth a few days ago. The thing that everyone knew eventually would happen, happened. I'm not talking about Sammy Sosa being named as one of the 104 steroid junkies...I'm talking about my snare drum on my Guitar Hero drums breaking down.

My drum kit has taken its fair share of beatings. Upon purchasing the greatest video game of all time, I have played my little heart out. From drum rolls to hi hat fades and everything in between, my drums have seen it all.

Sam and I wanted to have some band practice, as we like to call it, on Monday and so we got everything set up and we were ready to go. I picked a killer set list (So What by Pink, Her Strut by Bob Seger, What's My Age Again by Blink-182, Hotel California by The Eagles, Hollywood Nights by Bob Seger, and to finish it off Hot For Teacher by Van Halen. Pretty good right?) and we starting rocking to the first song...only something was off. I failed the song but I knew that I was hitting all of the notes. Maybe the auto kick pedal cheat was off (I'm good, just not that good). After checking that we proceeded to try again...

That is when everything went wrong. I would hit the snare drum (red drum for all of you noobs) and it would not register. I took the drum apart and found a broken wire, not good. I'm still not too sure what to do so Guitar Hero sits in waiting to be fixed. Any ideas?

No comments: