Monday, June 22, 2009

It's been a long time, I shouldn't have left you...

...without a dope beat to step to. Gotta love Puff Daddy, or P Diddy, or Diddy S (my prediction for his next nick name).

Anyway, I haven't posted because I currently have no internet at my house, and I haven't had time to do so, and I've decided that I don't like posting every day. So take that.

Lets begin...

Rock Ze Garden

The morning of Rock the Garden did not start out as I would have liked but it ended very well. Lets start from the beginning shall we? Well, Friday night Cheeto and I had a few adult beverages at a local watering hole. Not enough to cause intoxication but I had been drinking with the Cities 97 crew earlier (fo free!) so I had my share of beverages (adult versions) throughout the night.

The next morning I woke up very early (8 am or so, I'm still not sure) and I had that feeling in my stomach that you never want waking up after a night of drinking. I made a straight b-line to the bathroom and proceeded to empty the contents on my stomach, multiple times. My roommate (who is a sweetheart) checked on me to make sure I was alright and sure enough I wasn't dying so that was good (told ya she was a sweetheart).

The way I felt the rest of the morning, I would compare to the time freshman year where Sam and I swore that we were drugged. We couldn't move the entire day without feeling nauseous or what have you. That was me again until about 2:30, when I decided that I had to suck it up and head to Rock the Garden. I ate a piece of toast and was on my way (my first solid food of the day).

I got to the concert at 3:15 or so, settled base camp on the left side of the stage and waited for Solid Gold to perform. The ticket for the concert said that it started at 3 but they lied. Solid Gold didn't go on stage until 4:30 so for a hour or so I just kinda sat there, slowly recovering from the night before.

Solid Gold was good, I'm not too familiar with their music other then a few songs that get airplay on the current. I know they are a local band from Minneapolis so it was cool to see the response that they got from the crowd. I'd give them 3.5 out of 5 stars.

Yeasayer was next on the bill only I'm not sure what they sound like. I dipped out for the beginning of the set because I wanted to check out some of the sculptures in the sculpture garden and because I have never heard of Yeasayer. I will forever refer to them as Yawnsayer because that is also what I did during their set, I took a nap (I'm so clever it's not ever fair). 1 out of 5 stars.

Next Calexico from Tuscan, Arizona took the stage. I don't know much about Calexico other then that they have fans all over the world. That's because half of their band are from a foreign country. They (obviously) have a very worldly sound to their music. 3 out of 5 stars.

The band that everyone was there to see headlined the event. The Decemberists have been around for awhile now but because of the current, their reputation has grown and grown. They rocked. Plain and simple. They have a great stage show with The Hazards of Love rock opera/storyline with all of the theatrics and lights. The last song they played was Crazy on You by Heart and they rocked it better then Heart ever could. Overall great stuff and I'm glad I got to be there. 4.5 out of 5 stars (not quite White Rabbits territory)

The day of Chase's Birth

Bryant-Lake Bowl was the scene for a bowling beatdown. It was Chase's birthday so AJ, Cheeto, myself, Chase, Meredith, Janelle and Becky went bowling. Why not right? After my ideas of using bumpers was found to be impossible (there were no bumpers) we decided to just bowl like real men, no bumpers, all natural.

None of us have ever been to the Bryant-Lake Bowl so we were excited to find out how old school it really is. How old school you ask? Well it was sooo old school that you had to keep track of your own score (thanks Cheeto). We bowled four games and had a great time. The wings were great. The beer was cold (when the waitress waited on us) and the company was even better. Our first game everyone bowled bad so Chase, AJ and I decided that something needed to be done. After making a minor, yet very effective, adjustment to our games the rest was as they say, history.

We starting throwing strike after strike and laughing about how we were disappointed if we didn't roll a strike. I can say very confidently that last night was by far the best I have bowled in my life and it wasn't too bad considering I don't remember the last time I bowled.

I'm pretty sure everyone had a great time and we might even turn it into a sunday shindig for anyone interested. Let me/chase/meredith/cheeto/aj know if you are ever down to go bowling for cheap.

The rest

About me now-a-days, because I know you guys are really interested...Like I said I have decided to scale back my posting. I like this format better because I can fill more space and for the most part the posts are more thought out instead of being rushed to have something posted. If you don't like it, thats cool, I don't like you anyway.

My TV watching is good. I haven't been watching too much TV because I haven't been home that often. It's nice to get out and around in this city and I recomend it. Also it's summer, go outside people.

Lastly, the mohawk that some of you may know that I have has offically gotten out of control. I first got my mohawk the night before my marathon (May 23rd) and it was hastly buzzed and in bad lighting. I haven't gotten it fixed since then. I does look pretty gross and I'm glad that I can wear a hat to work and I guess I'm just waiting until Chase fixes it, which will hopefully happen sometime this week.

I will be putting pictures up from this weekend sometime later and also maybe a before/after pic of my mohawk in all of its glory. Until then, love thy neighbor...

No comments: