Thursday, June 25, 2009

So many options, only so many ways to mess it up

But that was the old regime right? Right?

We will see tonight as David Kahn gets his first crack at trying to restore the Timberwolves back to glory (of losing in the first round of the playoffs). It has been said (by those media types) that the Wolves hold the key to this years draft, and for once they do. The pups have four, count them four first round selections tonight and two in the second round.

The Wolves received the 5 pick and a bunch of stiffs for Randy "4th Quarter" Foye and Mike "Please Don't Make Me Shoot" Miller so I guess it was officially the end of the McHale era. This gives the Wolves the 5, 6, 18 and 28 pick in the first round. They would like to move into the 2-3 pick area (so I've heard) so they can make the mistake and draft Ricky Rubio with that pick. So far trade talks have been at a stand still because Memphis wants the 5 and 6 pick for the 2, and that is stupid, so the Wolves said no thanks.

Here's what the Wolves should do: Keep both the 5 and 6 position in the top 10. Take Tyreke Evans AND James Harden which forms a great 1-2 punch and Evans can play the point as well. That leaves the Wolves with two first round picks left to go (18 and 28). They should package them both and perhaps even throw in a 2nd round pick (45 or 47, which ever one it doesn't matter) for....

wait for it...

getting excited??
The Wolves should select my man, Brandon Jennings. Yes yes y'all. I have been on the Jennings bandwagon since the McDonald's All-Star game. I've followed his blog while he was over in Europe and he has been my facebook picture for the better part of the last four months. So Kahn, please do me a favor. Make me happy. Remember, if you don't do what I say...bad things happen. I think the Goslins can attest to that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

rubio