Thursday, June 04, 2009

No TV?!?!?!?

I'm going to attempt something unheard of this summer. Something so outrageous that even I have doubts about it...I am going to attempt to only watch 2 hours of TV per day this summer.

How did I get myself to want to do this? Well it was visiting Chicago of course. While Casey and I were relaxing at Millennium Park he said "Just be a tourist in your own city man. Get the Citypages and explore." Very good words of advice and I intend on getting out there and take in everything that Minneapolis has to offer. All of the free live music, all of the cool little artsy things going on, I will be there.

There are some exceptions to my 2 hour rule. Of course, Twins games do not count against my 2 hours of TV watching because a baseball game usually lasts 3 hours anyway. Also championship games are ok to watch (NBA Finals, Stanley Cup). I'm not going to not watch a championship game just because I'm only watching 2 hours of TV a day. I'm still a sports fan above all and this is sports. Last exception is if I'm over at a friends place drinking and we are sitting around a TV. Most likely we will be watching sports so that is ok. I can't just walk around in circles while my friends drink and enjoy the boob tube.

I will let you know how this goes. I have a good feeling about it and hopefully it will make me read or something. Don't hold your breath though, that would be a drastic change.

No comments: