Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The story behind Cheeto

I'm sure there are those of you who know Noah. There are a lot of you who know Cheeto. Maybe some former baseball players know QTP. I know a Lou Collins, and a Eric Wedge, and even a Jason Kubel...

Would you be surprised to know that all of these people are in fact a single being? It's true, I tell you no lie. Cheeto, Chester, QTP, Lou Collins, Lew Ford, Jason Kubel, Eric Wedge, Deb Deb, Dew Dew, and brother are all one single person, officially named Noah Nesler.

A lot of you have asked Noah how he has the nick name of Cheeto. At this point Noah usually turns to me and says, "Do you want to tell them?" I always say no because I was not the one to give Noah this great nick name (something that I am bitter about). But because I feel like I need to clear the air I will give you a break down on how Noah got each of his nick names...

Cheeto: We will start with the most widely known and used nick name. He was given this nick name before I knew him so I have been calling Noah, Cheeto, for our entire friendship. From what I know (through research), Noah was called Cheeto because one day after school Phil Hartman visited Noah at his house and Noah was eating Cheeto's and wearing mesh shorts (a cheeto staple). And poof, Cheeto was born and has stuck ever since. Circa 1995

N2: (Pronounced n squared) This was my attempt at giving Noah a different nick name and it did not work. I got the N2 because his name is Noah Nesler. I know pretty clever right? Circa 2000

QTP: Noah was called a "quintessential team player" in our local newspaper by our high school baseball coach junior (?) year. I shortened it to QTP so it would flow off the tongue nicely. Circa 2004

Eric Wedge, Jason Kubel, Casey Blake, Brad Wilkerson, Lew Ford, Lou Collins: All of these names have two things in common. 1) They all have to deal with baseball and 2) throughout different stages in Noah's beard cycle he looks like all of these players. Some more then others. Circa 2004

Deb Deb, Dew Dew: This one was all Tyler Rank. Deb is Noah's mom and Dewey is his father. There is also a song with this nick name. Circa 2004

Brother: Noah has a brother. They like eachother and play sports together. Circa 2005

Chester: I like to think that I was the first one to call Noah, Chester. Makes perfect sense because his "name" was Cheeto so who is the Cheeto's mascot? Chester. I call him Chester more then I do Cheeto. Just a personal preference. Circa 2005

Nodie Bodie: This one Deb made up for cutsey wootsy Noah when he was a little baby. Somehow we all got word of it and used this nick name to upset Noah. This is his favorite nick name that anyone has ever given him so you should call him it. Circa 2005 (recommended by Tyler Rank)

Nicky P: I started calling him Nicky P during our inaugural Midway Spades season. Noah played short stop for the team and was number 8. It was almost too easy. Circa 2007

Relationship Noah: This is a recent one that Chase and I came up with after Noah gets into a relationship with a lady. You see there is Cheeto, and then there is Relationship Noah. He pretends that he doesn't know what we are talking about. Circa 2009

There you have it, a look into why Noah Nesler is a man of many names. If I missed one please let me know. Enjoy the weather and lets hope Scotty B has a good start tonight.

No comments: